Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a web site or a web page in search engines via the “natural” or un-paid search results. Other forms of search engine marketing (SEM) target paid listings. In general, the higher on the page and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, video search, and industry-specific vertical search engines.
Search engine optimization is a critical, but often overlooked, part of your online marketing strategy. Whether working through a site redesign or improving the visibility of your existing site, we have a proven strategy based on Google’s guidelines that will ensure your site is found for certain keywords phrases that you would like to target.
Initial Search Engine Optimization
Optimizing on-page and off-page content is essential for any successful SEO campaign. This process includes keyword analysis, optimizing body content with “crawlable text” for the search engine spiders, custom page title authoring, Meta tag description creation, and internal text links throughout the site.
- Keyword Analysis: What are the keywords/keyword phrases that are most important to the marketing of your business? Working with the client, we identify the top 25 keywords that your customers are searching for and then optimize the site for those keywords. We will place a strong emphasis on geo-targeting the markets where you do business. We will conduct research to give you an idea of the search volume that occurs on each keyword and will adjust our focus based on the results of this analysis. Client participation is encouraged since you know your business better than anyone.
- Body Content: We will optimize existing keyword-rich body content with crawlable HTML text for the search engines. In general, search engines crawl text, not graphics, so will ensure that all copy is developed in HTML text.
- Custom Page Title Authoring: Search engine spiders index web pages, not web sites. So we will develop custom, page titles and meta descriptions based on Google’s criteria.
- Meta Tag Description Creation: We will develop meta descriptions that are based on Google’s criteria and help market your product or service in the search results.
- Internal Linking Strategy: The major search engines, particularly Google, assign value to text-based links that connect various portions of the website. We will develop a logical internal linking strategy within the body content.
- Google Maps and Local Business Listings: We will submit mapping information and submit your site to Google’s local business listings to better geo-target the overall SEO campaign.